The submissions have started rolling in for our FREE Destination Wedding Contest, so today on the blog we’re featuring some useful tips for creating your video submission. In order for your video to be accepted it must be no longer than 5 minutes in length and answer the following 3 questions:
What is your story?
What excites you most about a destination wedding?
What would it mean to you if you won?
We’re even offering an added incentive to submit before July 31st. Any video accepted before July 31st will be entered to win a $500 cash prize towards your wedding registry, and we’ll announce the winning couple and feature their video in our next Destify Vlog Episode!
Here are some other great tips:
– Utilize good lighting, film in a well-lit room or even outdoors.
– Keep your distance. By propping up your phone or camera at a nice angle you can record your actions better.
– Utilize editing to cut out any awkward pauses or dialogue you didn’t mean to record.
Of course, handheld videos will be accepted so long as they answer our 3 questions.
Here are some disqualifiers:
– Don’t use copyrighted music in the background.
– Don’t use trademarks or logos from other brands in your videos.
– Don’t use engagement videos solely, add onto them (remember you MUST answer the 3 questions).
Here’s a friendly video from our Destify Expert Dave about some of the negative aspects of filming yourself that you should avoid:
Putting effort into your video shows, and by creating a creative and appealing video you’re increasing the likelihood that more viewers will want to watch and share. You never know, we just may feature a clip of your video on our Vlog or even on the Destify Blog right here.