Want to learn more about destination weddings and our services? Follow below to learn more about our services and see answers to couples’ most frequently asked questions. See more of our Destify reviews here.
What are the benefits of having a destination wedding?
Here are some of the benefits of having a destination wedding:
• More intimate: Destination weddings tend to be smaller than traditional weddings, which can make them more intimate and personal. • More affordable: Destination weddings can be more affordable than traditional weddings, especially if you choose a destination that is less expensive to travel to. • More unique: Destination weddings can be more unique than traditional weddings, as you have the opportunity to choose a destination that is special to you and your partner. • More memorable: Destination weddings can be more memorable than traditional weddings, as they are often seen as a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
How do I know if a destination wedding is right for us?
Here are some things to consider when deciding if a destination wedding is right for you and your guests:
• Your budget: Destination weddings can be more expensive than traditional weddings, so it is important to factor in the cost of travel, accommodations, and other expenses. • Your guest list: Destination weddings can be more difficult for some guests to attend, so it is important to consider who you would like to invite and how they would be able to afford to travel. • Your priorities: It is important to decide what is most important to you in a wedding and make sure that a destination wedding can accommodate those priorities.
How are destination weddings cheaper than traditional U.S. weddings?
Here are some possible reasons why destination weddings can be cheaper than traditional weddings:
Smaller Guest List: Destination weddings often involve smaller guest lists due to distance and travel expenses, which can significantly reduce the cost of food, drinks, and rental space.
All-Inclusive Packages: Many resorts and beach venues offer all-inclusive wedding packages that include catering, decor, flowers, and entertainment. This eliminates the need for separate vendors and can save you money in the long run.
Fewer Decorations: Destination weddings typically require fewer decorations as the natural beauty of the location serves as the backdrop. This can cut down on the cost of floral arrangements, lighting, and other items needed to spruce up a traditional wedding venue.
Discounts for Group Bookings: Hotels and resorts often offer group discounts and special rates for wedding guests, which can help reduce the overall cost of accommodations and travel.
Simpler Attire: Destination weddings are usually more casual and relaxed, meaning that guests can wear simpler attire, which can be less expensive than traditional formalwear.
How do I ensure my guests can afford to attend our destination wedding?
We offer a range of gorgeous resorts from Mexico to the Caribbean. Depending on the size or location of your resorts you may have access to common wedding venues like the beach, garden, ballroom, gazebo, piers, poolside, rooftops, and much more.
What hair and makeup options do I have?
Here are some tips for ensuring your guests can afford to attend your destination wedding:
• Choose a destination that is less expensive to travel to. • Select a resort that is friendly to anyone’s budget. • Offer to help your guests with travel expenses (if you can). • Consider having a smaller wedding. • Offer to help your guests with accommodations. • Host free on-site activities and events.
Why are destination weddings less stressful?
Destination weddings often have a smaller guest list than traditional weddings. This means you don’t have to worry about accommodating a large number of guests, which can reduce stress levels.
All-inclusive options: Many resorts and venues that host destination weddings offer all-inclusive packages that include everything from catering to decorations. This can save you time and energy by streamlining the planning process.
Simplified decision-making: With fewer options for vendors and venues, planning a destination wedding can be less overwhelming than planning a traditional wedding. You don’t have to agonize over every detail, since many of the decisions will be made for you.
Here are some more reasons why destination weddings can be less stressful to plan than traditional weddings:
• There are fewer details to plan. • You have more time to plan. • You can delegate more tasks. • You can get help from a wedding planner.
How far in advance should I be planning my destination wedding?
It is ideal to start planning at least 12 to 18 months in advance of your wedding date. This will give you enough time to research your options, find and book vendors, and make arrangements for your guests. However, if you have a specific date or location in mind, it is best to start planning as soon as possible to ensure availability and secure the best possible rates.
Further tips: • Start planning at least 18 months in advance. • Book your venue and vendors as soon as possible. • Get quotes from multiple vendors. • Be flexible with your plans.
What are the requirements for a legal ceremony when getting married out of the country?
Here are some of the requirements for a legal ceremony when getting married out of the country:
• You will need to obtain a marriage license from the country where you are getting married. • You may need to provide proof of citizenship and residency. • You may need to have a blood test. • You may need to have your wedding ceremony witnessed by a government official.
How should I travel on a plane with my wedding dress?
It is important to take a few precautions to ensure that the dress arrives at your destination in pristine condition. First and foremost, consider packing it in a garment bag and hand-carrying it onto the plane. This will allow you to keep a close eye on the dress and ensure that it doesn’t get crushed or damaged in transit. When stowing the dress in the overhead bin, be sure to place it on top of other bags to avoid crushing or wrinkling.
Additionally, consider asking a flight attendant to hang the dress in a separate closet if available. Finally, it may be helpful to contact the airline in advance to inform them that you will be traveling with a wedding dress to ensure that they are prepared to accommodate any special requests or requirements.
Here are some extra tips on how to travel on a plane with your wedding dress:
• Pack your dress in a garment bag. • Roll your dress up and place it in a garment bag. • Put your dress in a carry-on bag. • Ask the airline to check your dress as luggage.
How much does a destination wedding cost?
Destination weddings can cost anywhere from $10,000 to $50,000 or more. The average Destify wedding costs around $12,000. The cost of a destination wedding will vary depending on the destination, the number of guests, the resort brand and star-class (ex: 5-star hotel), and the level of luxury.
What percentage of guests actually attend a destination wedding?
According to various surveys and studies, the percentage of guests who actually attend a destination wedding ranges from 60% to 80%. Factors such as location, timing, cost, and accessibility play a significant role in determining who can make it to the wedding.
Guests may also have prior commitments, work obligations, or personal constraints that prevent them from attending. However, many couples who opt for a destination wedding do so because they want a more intimate and exclusive celebration, and are comfortable with a smaller guest list.
Ultimately, the attendance rate for a destination wedding varies greatly depending on the circumstances, but the most important aspect is having the people you love with you on your special day.
How do I travel with destination wedding gift bags and wedding favors?
Here are some tips on how to travel with destination wedding gift bags and wedding favors:
Pack your gift bags and wedding favors in a separate bag.
Label your gift bags and wedding favors with the names of your guests.
Give your gift bags and wedding favors to your guests when they arrive at the wedding.
Where do I get my hair and makeup done for my destination wedding?
Deciding where to get your hair and makeup done for your destination wedding can be challenging. Firstly, consider your location and the availability of salons or beauty professionals at your resort. Our favorite resorts have built-in bridal suites available, and complete hair and make-up packages.
Check reviews and recommendations from locals or other brides who have had a similar experience to help you make an informed decision. Additionally, consider the style you want to achieve, the professional’s skill level, and their price point